One of the most important things in our lives is who we trust with the information about us. This is important for everyone but even more so when your job involves making tough decisions, managing teams and resources, watching out for threats and preventing accidents.
This document is a policy that explains how we use personal information for all staff at [Redacted].
The policy covers:
– how we use data we collect about you;
– the limited conditions under which we will share your information with others;
– when and why we may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients;
– how you can access your personal information and seek correction of it.
It also sets out our policy on cookies and tracking technologies.
Collection of your Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including:
– when you provide it to us, including through our websites and social media pages;
– when you interact with us, including by telephone, email or in person;
– when you visit our websites or use our products and services, including by way of cookies and other tracking technologies;
– when third parties provide it to us, where they represent that you have consented to them providing your information to us;
– when we receive it from third party service providers in connection with the services they deliver to us.
Use of your Personal Information
The personal information we collect is used for a variety of purposes, including:
– to provide you with the best possible experience when using our websites and services;
– to communicate with you about our products and services, including technical notices, security announcements and customer surveys;
– to manage and develop our business and operations;
– to create, modify and improve our records related to you;
– to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
This information is stored in many different places, including on:
– the systems of all of our staff and contractors through which we deliver our services;
– private servers located in controlled facilities;
– public servers located in controlled facilities.
Protection of your Personal Information
We take the security of personal information very seriously, both when it is being provided to us and when it is being stored. We have internal policies that cover how staff are expected to manage customer data, which include requirements to never reveal your personal information.
Our procedures mean that most personal information is never accessible, even by our staff. However, some of the systems used to store your data are old and less secure than current standards might permit. We have a plan in place for replacing these technologies as time and funds allow.
To protect your privacy further we stay up-to-date on the latest security technologies and processes. We do not believe that personal information has ever been compromised as a result of our systems being hacked, but such an event is always possible.
Sharing your Personal Information
We will only share your personal information when we have taken steps to ensure adequate protection is in place by:
– working with suppliers or agents who agree to maintain adequate protections;
– using encryption and other security technologies to make it as difficult as possible for your information to be compromised.
We will never sell or share personal information with any other organisation unless you have explicitly given us permission to do so. In general, we only disclose personal information when required by law or crime experts to help prevent or detect crime.
If you do choose to provide us with your personal information for this reason, we promise that it will only be used to support law enforcement and security agencies and that we will not disclose it without your consent unless required by law.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
We give you access to your personal information, so you can update it or have us delete it if it is out of date.
Just let us know what you would like changed by emailing our Data Protection Officer at .
We may not be able to fulfil your request but will respond within 30 days.
If we receive a formal complaint about how we are processing data.
Contact us on [email protected] for more details and problems.